Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to The Future




Here's a cartoon from 24 years ago. It was published in Relix magazine. They were the first publication that actually paid me for using my cartoons. Relix, at the time, was primarily devoted to the Grateful Dead and other related bands. These days in addition to covering the projects of the surviving Dead members I think they cover the whole jam band scene. I recently heard from Toni Brown, Relix's former publisher and editor. She was nice enough to send me a copy of her new book 'Relix, The Book' which chronicles the thirty or so years she worked on the magazine.

As you can see from my cartoon I wasn't big on punctuation back then. Still, the gag ain't too shabby. For those interested, I no longer resemble either one of the guys in the cartoon.

No comments: